Saturday, September 13, 2008

Diabetes

So, that visit to the Endocrinologist went exactly like I thought it would. He started me on insulin injections 4 times a day and checking my blood sugar 8 times a day. Definitely not fun, for the next 6 months. But the good news is that it is not as bad as when I had to do it with Cole. Then I had to use actual syringes and measure the doses, it hurt like the dickens and such. But they have come a long way in 5 years, and they have these little injection pens now. The needles that fit on them are tiny and I can't even feel them going in. Much easier to deal with. If you have Diabetes, you should definitely get set up with Liberty Medical. You know, you see them on tv all the time with that old man (can't remember his name but he was an actor and I always liked him). Anyway, got set up with them and got all my supplies paid for through my insurance. It was denied at Brookshire's and it was expensive. Turns out my prescription drug plan doesn't cover it because my major medical insurance covers it, but pharmacies can't file that way. Learn something new every day!
I have taken some pics of the land and will try to post them this weekend in a separate post. We are blessed because Ike has downgraded to a tropical storm finally, and we have been in our trailer all day and haven't even lost power. Lots of rain and wind, but nothing serious.
My dad lives in Alvin, 20 miles from Galveston, and he rode out the storm, but thankfully there was no major damage to his home or his service station in Pearland. They are without power as are the millions of other Houston residents but he has two generators and he could use them to pump more gas from his gas station if he needed to, to keep the fridge and freezer running. He didn't stay open long enough Thursday to sell out of gas so he still has some if needs to use it. So many others did not fare so well. My prayers go out to them. That's all for now.
Misty

No comments: