Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We won again!

Well, Cole did much better in this Saturday's game (Oct. 4th). He engaged more in the game itself, and even scored 2 goals! He was so proud of himself. Our coach needed me to play assistant coach and sit with the team members who are not in the game, and when I was helping them with something, of course, is when Cole scored. I missed it both times! Oh well, I will try harder this weekend. He loves soccer so far though. Our coach made the comment that she didn't know why we were having practice, the kids seem to know what to do already. We don't just win, we have slaughtered both teams. We will see how it goes this Saturday.

WE ARE FINALLY CLOSING ON THIS #$%^&&*%$# HOUSE LOAN! Tomorrow, Thursday, at 4:30 it will be done. The concrete man is meeting us at the land tomorrow night to go over what is needed, and he said he can probably have it framed up by next week. So here we go! I will post some pictures this weekend, I promise!

I have had a book fair in my library all week this week and I am pooped! There has not been a Book Fair at my school in at least 5 years, and the kids have been really excited about it. The way it works is Scholastic, a book company, sends me all of the stuff and I sell it to the kids for a week. My library looks like a book store right now. Anyway, as long as we at least make $1500 for the week, I get 40% of the sales total in free books for my library. I was just hoping to make at least $1500, but we are already at $2200 as of today. It is crazy the money these kids have! So that puts me at about $1000 worth of free books so far, and I still have 2 days to go.
My mother-in-law, Patsy Adair, and her 3 sisters, Wanda Hood, Beth Bailey, and Bobbie Williamson, have all come and volunteered their time to work in the library this week. I couldn't have done it without them! I also had a couple of parents who helped out.

I will post again this weekend.
Love to all,
Misty

No comments: