Wednesday, January 28, 2009

OK, maybe one more week...

Hello all! I know, you thought I forgot.

We had a snag with the painter that kind of put a halt on things for about a week. My black cabinets have suffered the brunt of it, and will have to be redone at some point. We settled with the painter, and he admits they aren't right. So for now, he is finishing touch up on the house next Monday hopefully, and we are at a draw with the cabinets. I imagine we will move in and I will worry about them later this summer or something when I have time. We did not pay him for painting them, since he has pretty much made a mess of them.

But on with the program...the icy weather today put my Uncle David, the electrician, in a bind, so he will have to come on Saturday instead of today. My Uncle Ronnie, the plumber, will come later this week and finish out that part of the house. Once they are finished, the painter comes in and touches up inside the house, we will be ready to seal the concrete floors, and then we are MOVING IN!
So hopefully for sure next weekend, Feb. 8th. We can sleep in the house maybe sometime during the week, and moving in officially on the weekend. I AM READY!

The only things left outside the house are pouring a bit of concrete for the entry to the carport, and a patio on the other side, and gutter, both of which can be finished next week as well.

Cole is ready too. I am posting some pics of him painting his wall in his new room. His Nana (My mom) came down last weekend for the 4D sonogram and brought her friend Ann, and they began painting the barnyard mural on his wall. He loved getting to paint too! Hopefully, they will be able to come and finish up this weekend.
Lucy is doing great. I forgot to bring her sono pic with me to post, but she is the cutest thing! Precious little perfect face. Can't wait to see her in real life.
I am definitely to that very uncomfortable stage. Not sleeping good, very tired all the time, I NEED MY RECLINER!!! My feet are swollen about 2 times a week, if I stay on them for too long, and heartburn and indigestion are part of daily life. The joys of being pregnant.

I am still trying to figure out why I have trouble loading pics from Patsy's computer. Here are pics of my black cabinets, which look great from far away...lol. The granite countertops look awesome. A pic of Cole's mural, him and Dad on New Year's Eve doing fireworks, Cole riding his new gator he got for Christmas.
Love to all,
Misty

No comments: