Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's Official!


Well, I did it! I officially have a Master of Science degree from the University of North Texas in Library and Information Science! Woohoo!

I have not even mailed out my Christmas cards yet...they are doubling as graduation announcements in the interest of saving a little money! So you will see them soon!

Cole had a great birthday! We went bowling for his party, and the kids loved it!

Cole rang the bell at Wal-Mart for the Salvation Army for his Clover Kids group (4-H for little kids). He had a great time. What a wonderful lesson for him about helping others. He loves the Clover Kids, and we are learning so much to get ready for 4-H.

The Rock Hill Christmas Tour of Homes was a success. My mother loaned me all her decorations and her time to help me decorate, and made several visits. She painted this amazing old wood door that my equally amazing husband and father-in-law created a table out of to go behind my couch. My house was beautiful thanks to my mom! She's an amazing lady.
Cole and Lucy have had an wonderful Christmas so far! Thanks to Grandpa and Grandma for the visit and the gifts. It was great to have my brother and his family and stepsister and her family here at our house. Wyatt's family Christmas was last night. Their Uncle Phil made Lucy a rocking John Deere Tractor, like a rocking horse only a tractor...it is beautiful! Really an amazing gift! and Uncle Phil and Aunt Mel bought Cole a real gas powered four-wheeler! He is so excited...mom and dad are a little nervous. I did feel better though knowing that it has a remote control engine kill switch for mom and dad to hold while he's riding it. He told us after he rode it a little bit, "i've got it figured out now!" Oh no you don't!

Lucy is so close to crawling...and so happy! She wants so badly to be mobile, and I know she will be soon.
Santa is bringing a Wii and Lucy gets a music play table.

My kids are healthy, we both have jobs, a beautiful house to live in, and our family is all good...we are so blessed this Christmas!

We are planning to camp in our trailer for the first time since moving out of it! Definitely for Spring Break, but maybe a couple of weekend trips before that too.
Remember the reason we celebrate the season...the Christ...in Christmas!
Love to all,

Misty

P.S. I will finish Principal certification this summer! School's not over yet, but the worst is over!

No comments: