Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Soccer is over!











Sorry I am posting this late. I've been spending time getting ahead on college work so I can really take the week off next week. I am off work all week (hallelujah!) and would have needed to work on some assignments for my college classes if I hadn't spent some time working ahead.
Only one more week of college classes after Thanksgiving. Then I get a break until January.
Soccer is over for the Fall season. The last game on Saturday was FREEZING and at 8:30 in the morning with the really cold wind blowing. Cole was so funny, I bundled him up in his coat and a toboggan to cover his head, and he held his hands up and said, "Momma, what about my hands?" I said sorry, I don't have anything for those. But the boys were real troopers and did great. Cole scored 2 goals even. Then they all get trophies for playing, and Cole loved his trophy! He has been enthralled with it ever since.

The house is moving along...got the roof on and they are starting on the siding this week. Stone should be here in a week or two for the front of the house and the fireplace. My Uncle David came Tuesday, and he is coming back tomorrow to wire the house. He is a certified electrician in Greenville, Texas. We will be staining the floors this weekend and covering them after we finish.

Then of course everything will be on hold for "Turkey day" as Cole has been calling it.

Cole's birthday party will be Sunday, December 7th, at 3pm at Chuck E. Cheese in Tyler. He will be 5...time flies!

Lucy is fine...I go to see Dr. Miller again next week for my 5 month checkup.

I am including some pics of the house with the roof. It is hard to see, but it is just silver, with the sides being beige. The floor will be stained a really dark reddish-brown...really red but really dark.

Next week we will leave on Wednesday to travel to Del Rio to hunt on my dad's ranch there. We will come home on Saturday. It will be a long drive with a pregnant woman and a nearly 5 year old! Wish us luck...ha, ha.
Love to all,
Misty



No comments: